Shrimp & Broccoli Fettuccine Al Limone
Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe
- 1 package Profile Fettuccine
- ½ lb. large shrimp, shelled and deveined, tails removed
- Lemon juice from 2 lemons, freshly squeezed
- Zest of 1 lemon, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Handful of fresh basil leaves and parsley, chopped
- 2 bags frozen broccoli
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and coat with nonstick spray. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until the underside is pink, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the shrimp, and cook until fully pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a bowl and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together lemon juice, lemon zest and garlic. Slowly stir in olive oil, parmesan cheese and pepper until the mixture becomes a rough paste.
- Cook Profile Fettuccine according to package directions, keeping a small cup of pasta water off to the side.
- Add the fettuccine to the lemon mixture and toss, adding a few spoonfuls of pasta water, if needed, in order to coat each pasta strand. While tossing, add in basil and parsley.
- Steam frozen broccoli according to package directions and toss into pasta. Top with shrimp and extra parmesan cheese.
Profile Exchange per serving: 4oz. very lean protein, 1 starch, 2 cups vegetables, 1 fat