Guacamole Deviled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 whole egg (2 halves)
- 1 dozen large eggs, hard boiled
- 2 medium haas avocados
- 4 tsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. red onion
- 1-2 tbsp. jalapeno
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pinch chile powder (for garnish)
- Peel the cooled hard boiled eggs.
- Cut the eggs in half horizontally, and set the yolks aside.
- In a bowl, mash the avocados and 4 whole egg yolks; discard the rest.
- Mix in lime juice, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and pepper and adjust to taste. Gently fold in tomatoes.
- Add a spoonful of the guacamole into each halved egg.
- Sprinkle with chile powder and arrange on platter.
Profile Exchange per serving: 1 oz. lean protein, 1/2 fat