Crocktober Recipe #2 – Breakfast Stuffed Peppers
Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe
The air is crisp, the leaves are changing color and the cool fall breeze lets us open all our windows and enjoy the season. Whether you're curling up with a good book in your sweatpants by the fireplace or carving pumpkins with your kids on a blustery autumn afternoon, we can all agree: there's lots to love about fall! Perhaps the most underrated facet of fall is the food. Fall is slow cooker season and Profile is excited to celebrate the month of 'Crocktober' by releasing a new crock pot recipe every Tuesday and Thursday in October. So prep your food, set it and forget it with amazing 'Crocktober' recipes from Profile!
• 4 bell peppers, cut in half with seeds removed
• 4 whole eggs
• ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
• ¾ tsp salt
• 2 tbsp chopped green onion
• 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
• 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
• 3 oz shredded cheddar cheese
• Salt and pepper to taste
• In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt, green onion, spinach, bacon, salt and pepper, and half of the cheese. Whisk until combined.
• Lay peppers in slow cooker lined with foil. Divide egg mixture evenly between the peppers and top with remaining cheese. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until eggs are set.
Profile Exchange: 1 cup vegetables, 1 oz lean protein, 1 fat