Crocktober Recipe #1 – Slow Cooker Shredded Beef
Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe
The air is crisp, the leaves are changing color and the cool fall breeze lets us open all our windows and enjoy the season. Whether you're curling up with a good book in your sweatpants by the fireplace or carving pumpkins with your kids on a blustery autumn afternoon, we can all agree: there's lots to love about fall! Perhaps the most underrated facet of fall is the food. Fall is slow cooker season and Profile is excited to celebrate the month of 'Crocktober' by releasing a new crock pot recipe every Tuesday and Thursday in October. So prep your food, set it and forget it with amazing 'Crocktober' recipes from Profile!
Total Recipe Time: LOW: 9-1/2 to 10-1/2 hours; HIGH: 5-1/2 to 6-1/2 hours
• 1 beef shoulder soast, boneless arm chuck roast or blade chuck roast (2 lbs)
• 3 stalks celery, chopped
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 2 cups carrots, chopped
• 2 cups jicama, diced
• 2 cups low sodium beef beef broth
• ½ cup Profile Rosemary Balsamic dressing
• 2 tablespoons minced garlic
• Salt and pepper
• For optional browning, spray large nonstick skillet with non-stick cooking spray and brown beef roast on all sides over medium heat.
• Place celery, onion, carrots, jicama, and garlic in 3-1/2 to 5 quart slow cooker; place roast on top. Pour broth and dressing over top. Cover and cook on LOW 9 to 10 hours or on HIGH 5 to 6 hours or until roast is fork-tender.
• Remove roast from slow cooker. Skim fat from cooking liquid, if necessary and reserve vegetable mixture. Shred beef with 2 forks. Combine shredded beef and reserved vegetable mixture. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Profile Exchange: 3 oz lean protein, 1 cup veggies, 1 free food