Seasonal Produce Guide & Shopping Tips
Enjoy a taste of fall with these seasonal produce options:
– Sweet Potatoes
– Winter Squash
Keep these tips in mind the next time you’re looking for your next Acorn Squash:
– Did You Know: You can eat the rind of the acorn squash! It’s backed full of antioxidants. It can be a little tough, so make sure the squash is well cooked before biting into the rind.
– How to Select: Look for a squash that is smooth and has a dry, dull rind that’s free of cracks or soft spots. Look for a squash that us deep with color and is heavy for its size.
– How to Store: Store the squash in a cool, dry area away from sunlight. This vegetable can stay fresh for up to three months!
– Nutritional Benefits: Acorn squash is a good source of Vitamin C.
– Check out some more ways to enjoy Acorn Squash this season: 10 Ways To Enjoy Acorn Squash